Hand Print Santa Ornament Tutorial
This hand print Santa ornament is so easy and absolutely adorable! Perfect gift for parents or grandparents from young child. Follow the steps below to make your own ornament!
- Cut green paper to desired size and shape. We made ours a square. Make sure it is larger than the child’s hand.
- Get out the red, white, and skin colored paint. We couldn't find skin colored paint, so we mixed red and white together. Plus, it saved some money!
- Paint the child's fingers white for Santa’s beard, the palm skin color for Santa’s face, and the bottom of the palm and thumb red for Santa’s hat.
- Place hand palm side down on the green paper making sure that every part of the hand (where paint is) touches the paper. Remove hand by pulling hand directly up in a quick motion.
- Wash the paint off the child’s hand with soap and water.
- Paint the tip of the thumb white and stamp it on the end of the red thumb you previously put on the green paper. This will be the white ball at the end of Santa’s hat.
- Wash the paint off the child's hand again.
- Once the paint dries, glue the googly eye and draw a nose and mouth.
- On the opposite side of the paper, we typed, printed, and cut out:
*make sure you leave enough room underneath "Love" for the child's name!*
- Have child sign their name.
- Punch a whole in the top corner and tie a ribbon.
- Hang front and center on your tree or wrap (delicately) and give as a gift!
Other fun ornament ideas:
Christmas Tree Ornament
, Cute As A Button Snowflake Ornament
Looking for more craft ideas? Check out: DIY Fake Fireplace, Christmas Tree Ornaments, Cute As A Button Snowflake Ornament. We also have some great ideas on a few new traditions you and your family could start this year here.