Tips For Hosting
Hosting a party soon? Hosting guests for a get-together or party is fun but it can also be stressful. Here are a few tips to make sure your evening runs as smooth as possible:
- Tidy up. Make sure your house is presentable. Dust, vacuum, pick up the clutter. Make sure your bathrooms have an air freshener/a candle, extra hand towels, and spare toilet paper.
- Size up the party. How many people will be attending? Could they bring extra guests? Knowing your party size helps plan for seating, plates, food, and alcohol quantity.
- Know your audience. Do they have any food allergies? Do they drink beer, wine, or mixed drinks? Be sure you have the tools you’ll need on hand for each, like a wine opener, bottle opener, or a cocktail shaker.
- Food, food, food. Water, water, water. If you’re serving alcohol, be sure to have some snacks and water throughout the entire for your guests. You don’t want to liquor them up then send them home. Fill up a beverage dispenser with water, ice, and fruit/herbs/veggies of your choosing to make it a little more interesting than just water.
Don’t make people come empty handed – it’s fine to have help. Food, plates, drinks, ice. People like contributing and who wants to do everything on their own?
- Appetizer ideas: Three Cheese Bruschetta, Greek Seven Layer Dip, or Wedge Salad on a Stick. You can learn more about how to make the perfect charcuterie platter here. The lighter the better. Keep in mind that if the munchies you make need to be warm - you may spend more time than you planned in the kitchen.
- Water flavors: strawberry/kiwi, lemon/lime/cucumber/mint, or blueberries/strawberries/raspberries.
With these few tips, your gathering will be a piece of cake!